Marketing Assistant (part-time position)
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications in executing various aspects of the Marketing Plan. Help in building the community awareness of TEDxGatewayArch, engage our fans & followers. Creating and curating content that serves to entertain & educate, and promote attendance at TEDxGWA events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop strong relationships with the media and community stakeholders
- Manage Public Relations team & work with partnership PR firm
- Place our events on all major online community calendars
- Write and supervise news releases, pitch letters, coordinate interviews with media outlets and organizations that align with our mission
Manage sub-group The Young Friends of TEDxGatewayArch
- engage with other "young friends" groups in the region
- coordinate outings & guerilla marketing-type events
- coordinate & attend local events to help spread the word into the community
- Understand local media & mediums for our audience
- Radio, TV, Newspaper, Digital, Social, Other
- Allocate budget and negotiate payment terms with local media
- Assist in content creation
Social Media Management
- Execute on social media plan
- Assist in content creation
- Manage 2-5 UMSL interns studying Social Media
- Help track analytics & create monthly reports
Manage volunteer teams of 2-20 members to help execute the above responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 years experience in Marketing, Advertising, local business or non profit preferred
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Strong organization and time management skills, acute attention to detail.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work in a very collaborative manner.
- Resourceful, results oriented, team player with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Creative and Outgoing, excited to be part of a team making a change
- Knowledge of MS Office, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms and dashboards.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with internal staff and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work within a team to accomplish project goals, but also be able to operate independently with minimal oversight.
- Average 30 hours/month, 12 month minimum commitment
- Working to support positive difference in your community
- Expanding your skill set in a team environment where all ideas are appreciated and well received
- Exposure to TEDx community, influencers and change agents in the region
- Flexible scheduling (hours and location) paired with a predictable set calendar of annual events
To apply email your resume to: Frankie@TEDxGatewayArch.org
About the company:
TEDxGatewayArch is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of thought leaders. Drawing a hugely diverse audience, TEDx events provide intentional, cross-pollinated networking opportunities that spark new perspectives and build connections – sending ripple effects of possibility throughout the St. Louis region.